Monday 5 December 2016

Why Sinner`s Prayer Disgusts God


I have been reading a lot about the human trafficking , prostitution and child rape lately. I am left with this one question how do i tell a 15 year old who has been raped 18 hours a day for 10 years of her life -  repeat this after me -

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.
I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.
And so on……

The very thought of saying this to someone like her makes me feel like thousand of insects are crawling on my body. Even if i happen to ask this girl to say this to me - i would want her to slap me hard and  and ask me - “how am i a sinner ??? , Sneha I was defiled , used and raped all my life and I am the one who needs to say sorry to God?? Thanks but no thanks"

Let me ask you this - how will you explain gospel to a hindu priest who all his life has never ever thought even one bad thought and has a clear conscience - you dare not even ask him to call himself a sinner , because if you do in a way you are calling his entire life a big lie.

And yes , my favorite one  - oh he doesn't know Jesus - he looks fine but I am sure he has sleepless nights and he feels empty and he cries alone in bed every night No ma`am , unfortunately he does not - he is educated and he has embraced his imperfection and he loves himself even without you shoving your gospel down his throat.

Do you want to hear the super epic one ? Hey i know you have depression - Jesus loves you now say this after me I am sinner and my depression is a result of my sins... " SO spiritual wow. 

See the problem with this church version forgiveness of God is that i need to tell myself and convince myself that I am a bad person. That I better know that I am “sinner” and I have sinned against God. Really ? that girl has sinned against God the girl whose dad sold her off - that man has sinned against God who rejected your gospel because it required him to see himself as less and bad.

Forgiveness and my shortcoming is glorified so much that the gospel stops here for today`s church -forgiveness is nothing but just a massive representation of God`s immovable longing for me.It is not the mourning of my sin but celebration of my God crazy obsessed love for me.
I reject this gospel and this sinner's prayer. I reject it because I have tasted the Lord and i know He is good. My God is too charming and loving to let men woe me into believing less of myself.
I won`t let people tell me that the life of my Lord was so cheap that He gave it up for a bunch of filthy sinners. This so called prayer offends God - it turns the eyes of my brother and sister towards their sin and not Gods heart.

What Forgiveness of God is Not or Related to :

1. Highlighting of my sin
2. Realization of how bad of a human being I am
3. How unlovable I am that Jesus had to die to make me lovable
4.Constant reminder of my shortcoming
5.Choice that God could have avoided



What Forgiveness of God Definitely is:

1.His longing to get back into an unbreakable relationship with me
2.His heartiest desire to restore me back to my original position of a king
3.Proof of His relentless love for me
4.Clear definition of my real worth in His eyes
5. Beginning of my new life in my new family with God as the loving Head 
6.His plan A for you with no plan B 

If ever in my life I happen to baptize anyone or God uses me to plant a church this will be our “Prayer of Salvation” which sings the reality of God's Triumphant love for me and not the defeated sin.

God,I have got to know that you love me so much and  and I am not what this life has taught me till now. I am not a liar , a whore , a thief , a robber , a rapist, useless , good for nothing  , imperfect idiot or_________  I am not what people defined me to be but I am Your beloved creation. I am so worthy and madly loved by you and wanted by You that you decided to buy me back and bring me back to my original place of being your son/ daughter even though it costed You your most precious thing - Jesus. I know Jesus died on the cross to pay for all the things i did wrong because I did not know who I am. I accept the sacrifice of Jesus which has removed the wall of separation between You and me. I know that You have willingly, very happily and intentionally and legally adopted me as your son/ daughter in Jesus and today I accept you as my Father. I give you the right to take care of me , love me and be my family till forever.I know You will never change Your mind about me and I will always be apple of Your eye. I believe that now I have been born again out of You and Your fullness dwells in me as Your Spirit.Satan is under my foot now because from this day onward as Jesus was so I am.I am excited about this journey with You.


Amen !!!


And yes , feel free to create you own version ladies and gentlemen but make sure it is oozing out our Father's love which is like a river flowing down on us.

Booya !!!!!! Old Salvation prayer - you never had a place in my Daddy`s journal.



4 comments:

  1. That truly reflects the Father's heart, who is love!
    Sin did separate man from God. But sinlessness cannot reconcile man to God. Its only His love expressed thru Jesus does. He is the only Way!
    You have rightly pointed out the flaw in the so-called "Sinner's Prayer" which glorifys man's sin more than the love of God.
    If anyone comes to the Lord just for righteousness, and not for Him and His love, then we have missed the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! This is on point!
    *applauds applauds*

    I could never accept the statement 'I'm ONLY a sinner, saved only by the grace of God' cause if now also i believe my identity to be a that of a sinner, then what Jesus did on the 'cross/empty grave' becomes of no use to me.

    This is truly very accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a good thought and a point you are bringing in, but we have to be very careful in defining a Sinner. In the referred context it does not sound proper. But I quote be Rom 6.23, For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. It is important that we get the clear definition of Sin. In spite of different situations we are placed in life. There is something which is the original sin of Adam and Eve, which everyone carries when we are born in this World. The bible again says. Rom 3.23. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. So with reference to the little Girl you mentioned is not saying that she is Sinner for what people have done to her but everybody at sometime needs to acknowledge Sin. Coz God loves the Sinner, but not Sin. We have to be careful about the concept of Hyper Grace which is moving in the Christian cirles. The problem of hypergrace is that give the notion to people that they have continue to Sin and God Still loves them. No it is not, I can tell you that, there is only only Solution for Sin, and that is the Blood of Jesus and only. There is no shortcut for Sin, any method that we try to bring would be a violation of God's Word. God's word is God' breathed, Thim 3.16. We can call Sin in different ways according to out intellect, but God's Word has a specific definition and Jesus too acknowledges the word of God and obeyed God's Word.

    God always desire a relationship based on the Word. As Jesus said you will know the truth and the Truth will set you free. The early church was known as people of the Word. I would direct people to the Word of God which would convict and not condemn.

    Would like to know your comments.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    as much as i would like to agree with you to feel accepted - I can`t. Would also liek to correct you - this is not a good thought - this is a revelation from the Holy Spirit :)
    Your answers;
    1. Sinner`s prayer is no where in bible and it doesnt represent the nature of God - God has no condemnation in Him - i belong to Him and He brings me back to Him through Jesus
    2. Sin is a state (of separation from God)more than action , but is it an empathetic word ? No - it puts everyone under one category- People who do wrong.
    3.Hypergrace - is the real grace or let me say people who read bible more than into the heart of God end up calling the real grace - hyper grace
    4.Nowhere i have said that God supports sin but He supports me even when i fall into sin - He never leaves me - keeps calling me back to a better life
    5. Bible is not God - Bible is an invitation to understand God
    6.i do not understand what is the difference bw a man and God if his reaction to shortcoming is the same - disgust ?? M sin doesnt disgust God it makes Him run after me
    7.it is sad to see how the old church is glorified as the church of word of God - forgetting that we all have the same calling - do things greater than lord Jesus. i dont understand since when a paul or a joh n became our standard???? Even though i have already been made aware of our future - greater works than Jesus
    8. I have never repented of any of my sins due to an unhealthy fear of God - i only have cuz of His relentless love - I never lose my shine in God`s eyes even though i sin cuz sin has been taken care of -but how i want to handle my shortcoming is on me - its a choice.
    9. I do not \understand what Jesus was thinking and why did HE even go on the cross if glorifying my sin could change me - it is the unrelenting love in the middle of my helplessnes - which could be "a sin according to man, you know the standards of our society - moral ones" - drugs , alcohol , adultery, anger. violence"- or could be my inability to trust God in my storm or my lack of empathy with my brothers and sisters and just looking at their one year of life once they got baptised and teaching them right and wrong !!!

    ONE LAST POINT MY FRIEND - IF GOD GETS OUT TO "DEFINE" SIN ALL OF US WILL BE DOOMED - SO LET US STAY OUT OF THAT FORTE - CUZ IN THE MIDDLE OF MY STORM WHEN I GET UP AND CRY - JESUS ,ARE YOU REALLY WITH ME - THATS ALSO SIN

    ReplyDelete